Monday, January 17, 2011

Checking in with Quinn Fabray: the Kickoff

One of the first big posts I ever wrote here at SHE BLOGGO was titled, “How Quinn Fabray Could Be the Best Character on Glee (And Why She Isn’t).”  It was mostly a venting exercise for how frustrated I was in Quinn’s stop-and-start development throughout the first season, particularly in the Back 9.  But, many of you agreed with what I wrote, and I feel like the post has come to define a lot of what I talk about here on the site.

So, 10 episodes into Season 2, I want to check in with Quinn Fabray.  I have a lot invested in her character, and I desperately want the writers to do right by her.  I don’t think I’m alone in that respect, either.  Her character deserves the development that was set up in the First 13 episodes, and I want to reflect, and evaluate whether or not Season 2 is delivering.

But when I sat down and began writing this piece, I had a hard time figuring out how to frame everything I had to say.  There is no absolute “yes” or “no” on Glee’s accomplishments - the show has nearly as many missteps as it does successes.  So a lot of it was just me rambling in circles. I didn’t really want to organize it chronologically by episode, because a) that’s boring, and b) episode-to-episode characterization is really not Glee’s strongpoint so it would have looked like a lot of complaining - which is not my intention.

So instead, I am breaking up this piece into five seven themed parts, covering all aspects of Quinn’s character and her progress so far in Season 2.  And, since these five seven parts are ridiculously long, this endeavor will be stretched over five seven days.  That's how wordy it is, gang.  I’ve inadvertently made it Quinn Fabray Week at DR SHE BLOGGO.  Perhaps I should have made it Kurt Hummel or Sue Sylvester Week in honor of Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch's well-deserved wins at the Golden Globes last night, but alas; Quinn was already on the docket for blogging.  Regardless, this festivity is going to unintentionally collide with my 100th post here at the site!  Celebrate!
---

Part Three: QUINN, SAM, AND HAPPINESS
Part Four: QUINN, THE BABY, AND PUCK
Part Five: QUINN, FINN, AND HER FAMILY 
Part Six: QUINNDEPENDENCE, AND THE MEANING OF THE WORD
Part Seven: CONCLUSION

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...